If you have ever spent time looking at and evaluating ERP systems and vendors, you know that there is no shortage of choices and information.
There is so much out there, that it’s somewhat overwhelming. You have analyst sites, magazine articles, vendor-published whitepapers and collateral, tons of websites and other online resources. If you happen to be on a selection committee or evaluation team, frequently your first order of business will be to decide what not to look at, who not to talk to and what not to consider.
Vendors understandably will spin their messaging to show their own offering in an advantageous light. This is to be expected and you really can’t expect them to feature their weaknesses in their published materials. The problem is trying to compare one vendor with another. Vendor “A” will give you a great apple to work with, while Vendor “B” insists on giving you a beautiful orange.
Your selection committee will no doubt be challenged trying to make all that fruit logically fit into a comparison chart for your management.
Wouldn’t it be great if there were some way to get vendors to present their own stories in a way that made it easy to compare one vendor with the other? If only, there was a way to get them to explain their approach to a consistent set of circumstances using similar data?
Guess what? There is.
Block off your calendars for June 16 and 17 and grab a flight to San Diego, California. This will be the site for the ERP Vendor Shootout. We here at Cincom are very excited to be participating in this event for the first time. Cincom will join several other highly respected and qualified ERP vendors to present at this event.
The ERP Vendor Shoot Out is specifically designed to give you an opportunity to see up to six separate presentations by ERP vendors over the course of the two-day conference. What makes the event unique is the fact that each vendor is supplied with the same script and the same data for their presentation. You will see apples, and just apples, from each vendor.
As we roll out our latest product release, Control 2010, we really couldn’t ask for a better way to introduce our latest functionality. And let me tell you, we really have a ton of new stuff to show off with this release.
In the coming months, we here at the Cincom ERP blog will talk about many of these in great detail, but just to give you a taste of “what’s new,” here’s a sample.
1) Role Based architecture – Each user is supplied with a customized selection of features and functionality built around what they do.
2) Business Activity Monitors – More then just another dashboard, these are tied into the role-based architecture to supply real-time data relevant to what you are doing right now.
3) Integrated Workflow – Finally, workflows can be defined and modified without waiting in line for IT to free up resources to redesign your entire system. Point-and-click, drag-and-drop workflow design can be done by anyone understanding the basic requirements of a given process.
4) Super flexible MRP – You’re not tied to a specific schedule to run MRP. Now you can run it at will, per a schedule or continuously,. It’s your choice.
5) Full suite of Lean functionality – Cincom is proud to partner with Ultriva to provide our users with the full Ultriva Lean Suite of functionality.
And there is so much more!
I hope you will consider joining us in San Diego on June 16 and 17 for the ERP Vendor Shootout. We look forward to seeing you soon!