But first …
Here are the basics.
The New Cincom Control includes six key upgrades:
1. Business Activity Monitor – Based upon the users’ role, business activity monitor displays key predictive performance indicators and measurements, flow tasks and alerts all on a single screen. The business activity monitor is refreshed every 10 minutes so you see the most accurate information.
2. New User Experience – Cincom Control is designed with familiar Microsoft SharePoint navigation to help users get onboard and running in minutes.
3. Role-Based Design – No more information overload. See only the information you need front and center to make the best decisions for your role in the manufacturing process. There are 27 roles defined in the system.
4. Part-Number-Based, On-Demand MRP – Sometimes customers need products fast. Cincom Control helps you respond by allowing you to run, at any time, MRP based on a single part number.
5. Integrated Workflow – Updated drag-and-drop templates make creating workflows easier than ever.
6. Microsoft Dynamics AX Financials – As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we’ve added Microsoft Dynamics AX as a select provider of financial management modules for Cincom Control ERP software.
Now the extra stuff …
Productivity enhancements – How much more productive is the new Control from prior versions?
We recently did an experiment with our beta customer.
Here were the results:
Interoperability – Making all of these applications operate like a single system, rather than a collection of tools, is where the true payoffs are. To facilitate this type of integration, Cincom Systems has developed Environ. Environ is the backbone of the Control. Environ, coupled with Microsoft’s SharePoint solution (which Cincom Control is built upon), provides a series of Web Services that enable real-time integration, role-based activity monitoring and event-driven execution of applications.
Implementation – We aim to get you running on our software within 3 months. “When you buy a new car, you don’t use all the features the first day. You learn how to use them,” Mark Butler, Manager of Cincom’s Control Services, says. The goal is to get your initial return on investment as quickly as possible. “That’s what the benefit is. We have a lot of features in our product and if they sit and try to implement them all at once it takes a very long time. We try to do it in a very short time frame and get you running on the product so you can evolve in different areas.”
Designed for complexity – Cincom Control is designed to handle even the most complicated project-based work. In fact, 75% of our customers are within the aerospace and defense industry, one of the largest project-based industries.